HyveUp Manifesto: Controversy Blogging



Recently, I wrote about Techcrunch' controversy strategy to drive visits to their Website, and writing about it got me thinking: Shouldn't I get in the controversy business as well? I think this is a very serious question for my blogging 'devenir'.

When I started blogging for HyveUp, the idea was to video interview Founders of Web 2.0 startups. With this goal in mind, I couldn't afford to trash Web apps, otherwise no one would have wanted to be a host on my show.

Today, things are different. First, HyveUp is not part of the Software company that created it. Second, HyveUp doesn't do video interviews anymore. Third and most important, HyveUp has become a playground for my recreational blogging time, so I don't see why I can't write whatever the schmuck I want (see!).

Fortunately, HyveUp is made of different subdomains that each have a specific purpose, and I think that I will use Delifaks to open my big yap, make people cry, and get egged by angry mobs. I will also make sure that my personality prevails more on other subdomains as well.

I don't know how fun this will be for others, but I am at a point in my blogging experience where I don't care anymore. I'll just go for it and see where it takes me. Worst case scenario, I get expelled from the blogosphere (not sure who has that authority) and get back to making cappuccinos for weekend brunchers.

So long!

 Screencast Pro: Screencasts With a SEO Twist !