Demandbase: Get An Alert For B2B Qualifed Leads On Your Site

Demandbase Stream

Demandbase, the rising demand generation company, has just announced a new key feature to one of its products that I find pretty revolutionizing for the online marketing space:

Available today, the latest version of Demandbase Stream will now automatically send you a Web Alert when a company visits your web site and views a minimum number of web pages. You can then click on View Alerts to see details about the company, what pages they viewed to understand their interests, select and email the appropriate business contacts right from Stream. (via email)

Demandbase is a Web-based Software that provides extremely rich data about professionals visiting your Website. By tapping into a wide variety of trusted sources, Demandbase will give you the name of your visitor (not always that sharp), company name, traffic analytics, and all the contact info you need to follow up with that visitor. Demandbase Stream, the product mentioned in the announcement above, is Demandbase's desktop component (an adobe Air app), that displays visitors' data tinker-style.

An alert based on visitors' behavior is an extremely powerful tool for marketers. Instead of scrubbing the bottom of your traffic to see who did something interesting and follow up with those visitors, Demandbase points those visitors to you. This is a laser-focused, close to real-time, end-to-end lead generation marketing solution for your Website.

I am actually not a big fan of direct marketing actions associated to Website visits. About two weeks ago, I had just signed up on PR Web and was writing a press release, when a sales rep called me on my phone to ask if I had any questions about the Website. The intrusion wasn't too unpleasant, but I guess I won't be the generation that accepts to have my phone contact integrated to my Web browsing experience. If I don't give my info to a Website, I'd rather they pretend they don't have it. The whole Web is doing it, and the system works that way.

Marketing intrusion comics(somewhat related funny comics)

Demandbase is geared towards B2B marketing professionals, meaning I technically shouldn't get a phone call if I were visiting a Website with an IP that isn't associated to a business. I think the new alert feature is 1. very innovative marketing-wise, and 2. probably extremely convenient for the B2B marketer.

 Screencast Pro: Screencasts With a SEO Twist !