Google Customer Service

customer service funny

I use several Google accounts to gather and share specific chunks of info with the people I work with. I understand that in the war against spam, Google must not like those who create hundreds of accounts, and start blasting emails through some clever duct-taped smtp engineering. I operate several Google Accounts simply for the sake of leveraging Google's awesome set of products and sharing it with specific entities.

Last week, I tried to log into one of those account and found out it had been deactivated. I followed links around explaining Google had reasons to believe my account was not in good standing. I was not happy about this so I left a note in a box that says "We read your emails but we never respond". Since Google has the best customer relationship reputation in the West, I thought this account and all the products/content attached to it were gone forever.

The same day, later in the afternoon, I receive this email from the Google Account team:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue you
described should now be resolved.

Wow... First time I actually experience some sort of a customer experience with Google. The email was right, the account was back up.

I have an issue with Google: It hosts way too much of my existence's knowledge, and if one day my account fails, 90% chances are that Google's forums will be my only interlocutor. There is no public user representative. Google is a bit of a tyran on its own grounds, and that makes the Google digital life a very stressful experience.

All I have that makes me do business with Google is the trust I have towards the brand. I don't trust Google when they say they are not evil, but I trust them when they keep providing Web prosumers with top-notch free internet/mobile products.

All in all, seeing my account reactivated the same day I complained about it made me feel so much better about the whole brand in general: They finally recognized I existed!

For info in case your Google account has been deactivated too: I opened the account with a crooked Yahoo! secondary email address, but when I wrote the complaint to Google, I used an email address that has the same name as the Google Account I created. It validated my affiliation to this business and its name.

 Screencast Pro: Screencasts With a SEO Twist !