
On a quest to find fresh ideas to write about the G1, I was browsing through the Android market and found Personalytics. Personalytics is a mobile app that traces your communications, tags them, automatically syncs them with their servers, and provides comprehensive graphs around your communications behavior.
There is one big shortcoming to Personalytics: Even though it's been tracking my mobile events for +3 weeks now, I have never been able to hook it up to the app's online servers. So basically I get the inconvenience of one more app running in the background and squatting memory space, but I don't get the beneficial output of this investment. However, I am a big fan of the concept, because there is a lot of possibilities behind Personalytics.
First check out the analytics dashboard that I am unfortunate not to have access to:

It shows you where you communicated, with who, the type of communications and your behavior towards those communications, the time spent communicating with each category of contacts, and a per-hour graph of your communications activity. This is awesome data about our personal lives.
This data helps you understand how you manage your own communications. It can be used as an organization and productivity tool, by spotting and re-organizing communications where there might be too much clutter.
As I mentioned above, I really like the concept, but the app totally fails me. First my Personalytics account doesn't sync, and it only tracks my 'phone' communications, ie calls and SMS. If I took the time to draw a graph of my global mobile activities, you would see that those 'phone' communications only account for 15% or less. A better concept would be to track my apps' activities, and give me a report on that: I am sure I would find some awesome insights in those data.
Also, as a user, I have to manually tag all the events as they happen: This adds a layer of activity in my mobile browsing that can occasionally cause downtimes. I'd rather have an option to tag events from the Web interface (and maybe auto-tag events too).
An app that would seamlessly track my entire mobile activities would be a great component to integrate to other organization applications such as calendars, to-do alerts, priority lists, contacts... It would finally add a 'how organized I really am' component to the 'how organized I wish I could be' component that organization apps already offer, and make my daily schedule more fit for the real me!
When I think that Google holds all of that data, and is not sharing a hair of it with us. How not evil of them...