Is the Webmaster a dying species?

Is the Webmaster a dying species?

The Webmaster was born at a time when nothing had been done to make computers easier. Clearly, Internet created the urge to make the content creation more accessible to unleash its expressive power.

Today, you post a message in 2 clicks, with the choice of attaching content to your text, uploading and sharing a video is easier and faster online than in real life, and we're getting very close to manipulating our page template the way we would set it up on InDesign, for example.

I've interviewed Sheryl Hamlin, President of Bizyinc this week. I thought her product was a revolution regarding usability. I remember the first times I laid my hands on a computer: I was really frustrated that it was so technical. Bizyweb has something that makes it really intuitive to handle.

Moreover, during my days as a bar bouncer, I got to talk with an investment banker that was active during the dot.com boom. He told me that his biggest mistake back in the days was to constantly look for and invest in innovation. Today, he says (after having lost tons of money) that innovation is a niche and that the Internet mainstream market is usability, to reach the non-technical but filthy rich baby-boomer crowd.

Sheryl Hamlin is a baby-boomer and BizyWeb is a user-friendly application. Good luck Sheryl! I do believe.
blog comments powered by Disqus