Buzz Makes Reader's Privacy Settings Confusing



I like Google Reader, for all it has too offer (and all it lacks to offer). I have been automatically publishing my shared items to Twitter for more than a year, and it never felt wrong.

This week (or last week, can't remember, time flies by...), the message displayed above prompted me to choose if I wanted my shared items to be "public/public" or just "private/public". In other words, do I want to share it through Friendconnect (hence Buzz) automatically, or do I want to limit my reach to Reader's followers? Personally, I publish that feed on Twitter, so I have no issues whatsoever with publishing it on my Buzz.

What this shows us is how Google is constantly playing catchup on a product that was launched way too early, and forced into our email inbox way too harshly to succeed. Buzz is going down. Told you so.

Influence Web Agency