
I find the choice of Twitter app in the Android market a little slim. Twidroid looks big, and it feels like the competition lives under its shadow. I was a big fan of Loquacious despite a few bugs and shortcomings, but as I mentioned somewhere else, this multiple account Twitter app is not available in Europe, so I had to let go and choose something else.
Right now, I am using Swift, which describes itself as the fastest, leanest, meanest Twitter client for Android. I have to admit that the tagline says the truth.
First, in the settings, you can customize your notofications (timeline-mentions-messages). You may also select your default pic and video uploader (not link, weird!). Finally, you can choose if you want links to open in the phone's browser, or in Swift's lighter and (technically) lighter browser.

Once you start using Swift, one thing stands out: new tweets do not push old ones out of display, so if you are logged in for say twenty minutes, you will have a long scrollable list of tweets. Clicking on a tweet takes you on the tweet's page, where you get the location/time/date/user/app details along with the tweet, a reply or retweet button, an option to save/copy-text/copy-link the tweet, a link to the profile of the tweeter(er?), links to the tags used, and a preview of the content behind the short link.

If you use the Swift browser, it will open a simple browser with no specific features. I don't really find it faster than my phone's browser.
On a user's profile page, you find all the regular stuff you have on Twitter.com, but there is one feature I often find missing in smaller Twitter apps for Android: You can follow/unfollow a user. 90% of the time I consume Twitter, I am on the go. That is exactly when I notice users I like/dislike. But I have to wait for a laptop before managing my contacts, and usually by then, I totally forgot user names. So this small feature is more than welcome.
Basically you get a long list of tweets, with an easy way to customize your timeline while waiting for the bus. And it runs fast... With no bugs! If I had to mention a few shortcomings, aside from not being multi-account, it mostly lack the feature of being in the sharing options of the Android social sharing options.